Microsoft® POS 2009 Software
Designed to replace a cash register, Microsoft Point of Sale (POS) 2009 saves time and money, automating stores at an affordable price (from $1390 per lane + 16% AMP for limited support or 23% AMP for unlimited support).
Watch silverlight presentation of Microsoft POS 2009
(select “RUN” when prompted)
Microsoft Point of Sale provides single store retailers* an easy-to-use application to track sales, inventory, and customer information. It’s the right balance of inventory, staffing, customer information, and business control to make your store as competitive as it should be.
*Multi-store options available in 2010 or through third party integration.
Microsoft POS 2009 helps you level the playing field in today’s competitive retail environment by letting you easily automate point of sale, inventory management, reporting, and gain powerful insights to help you deliver superior customer service. Microsoft POS 2009 is designed to interact with QuickBooks, and can integrate with other popular business software solutions as well.
STREAMLINE BUSINESS PROCESSES
- Streamline and track business operations, including inventory, supplier management, and POS processes.
- Process transactions quickly with bar code scanning, custom POS buttons, and an easy-to-use touch screen.
- Hold transactions for later retrieval while you assist other customers with their purchases.
- Give associates at the point of sale an easy way to check prices, inventory availability, and locations quickly. They can access customer information, handle multiple tenders and partial payments at checkout, and quickly create and process returns.
- Save time and money by integrating credit and debit card transactions at the POS and eliminating the need for expensive card payment terminals and high transaction fees.
- Make informed decisions with accurate information and powerful reporting tools.
- Integrate and exchange information with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook and Intuit QuickBooks accounting software.
- Make full use of existing software investments and share information across applications without additional training costs.
EASY TO SET UP AND USE
- An intuitive user interface helps users learn POS procedures in minutes–even if they’ve never used a computer before.
- Train new employees quickly using the practice mode option.
- User-defined custom fields allow you to define and track information you want to see about your customers.
- Microsoft Dynamics partners provide expert support and assistance to quickly set up and tailor Microsoft Point of Sale to meet your specific retail needs.
TRACK AND MANAGE INVENTORY EFFICIENTLY
- Save time and reduce employee overhead by automating inventory tracking and receiving.
- Set reorder points and restocking levels to help eliminate the number of out-of-stocks and overstocks.
- Multiple pricing structures for markups and discounts provide flexibility.
- View real-time inventory status such as quantity sold, on hand, on order, and more.
- Track and manage items across your business using familiar and flexible stock and sales methods.
- Replenish top-selling items efficiently and negotiate lower purchasing costs by tracking item movement and supplier histories.
- Create automatic purchase orders and identify your best-price suppliers.
- Create bar code labels with a built-in label designer.
HELP IMPROVE SECURITY AND YOUR BOTTOM LINE
- Help reduce shrinkage, false returns, credit card fraud, and unauthorized discounts. With several security roles that can be assigned to employees, managers can help control access to sensitive data and track returns efficiently.
MAKE BETTER-INFORMED BUSINESS DECISIONS
- Use more than 30 interactive real-time reports that identify bestselling items, most productive employees, detailed sales history by cashier, department, category, supplier, and more.
- Access and analyze current, detailed data across your entire store. Identify sales trends in every department or category, evaluate operations and financials, track results from sales and ad campaigns, and set and monitor business policies.
- Share information with other applications, your accountant, or suppliers by exporting report information in several formats: Microsoft Excel, text, HTML, XML, or e-mail.
- Use the “My Store” feature to customize your screen to display the reports that are most important to you.
INCREASE SALES AND BUILD CUSTOMER LOYALTY
- Target customer preferences and remind cashiers about up-sells and cross-sells, so they can mention them during transactions.
- Implement automatic discounts for frequent shoppers.
- Create targeted customer mailings based on buying preferences and purchase histories.
- Store and manage large amounts of information with flexible Microsoft SQL Server™ database technology.
If you are an Independent Bicycle Dealer (IBD), your best bet is to purchase RMS Store Operations with DRS’ Exclusive Bicycle Bundle for RMS Store Operations. If you are a specialty retailer, check out our RMS Toolkit page of information. Hobby retailers should consider the Hobby Bundle for RMS.